1. A booking cannot be confirmed until a completed booking form and a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total rental are received by the owner to secure it - this payment is hereby referred to as the holding deposit. Acceptance of the booking is subject to these terms and conditions and the booking will be confirmed in writing by the owner.
2. The balance due for the rental, together with the returnable security deposit referred to in clause 5, must be paid no less than eight weeks before the date of commencement of the rental period. Delay in payment will constitute cancellation by the tenant of the booking.
3. In the event that the booking is made less than eight weeks before commencement of the rental period, the total rental, together with the security deposit referred to in clause 5, is payable upon submission of the completed booking form.
4. For cancellations received more than eight weeks before the commencement of the rental period, the holding deposit will be forfeited in full. For cancellations received less than eight weeks before the commencement of the rental period, the holding deposit will be forfeited in full; any other money paid to the owner by the tenant (excluding the security deposit referred to in clause 5 which will be returned in full to the tenant,) will only be refunded to the tenant if the owner is able to re-let the property before the commencement of the rental period. In the event of the property being re-let at a lower rental than that to be paid by the tenant, the owner will only be obliged to refund to the tenant a sum equivalent to the actual rental obtained. If for any reason the booking is cancelled by the owner, all money paid by the tenant, including the security deposit, will be refunded to the tenant. Cancellations (except in the circumstances described in clause 2) must be made in writing.
5. A security deposit of £200 per rental week is required to cover any damage to the property or contents, or loss during the rental period, and any non-local telephone calls made by the tenant. The security deposit will be banked, and refunded to the tenant in full, or the balance returned at the latest within four weeks of expiry of the rental period.
6. The rental period will commence at 16:00 hours on
the first day and terminate at 10:00 hours on the last day.
7. The maximum occupancy permissible at Au Chicot is 8, plus a baby, for whom a cot is provided. Numbers of occupants in excess of this, subletting or sharing of the property is not accepted in any circumstances. Violation of this clause will result in immediate termination of your tenancy, and forfeiture of all payments.
8. The tenant will be responsible for maintaining the property, furniture, finishings and equipment in the same state as at the commencement of the rental period, and will indemnify the landlord against any loss or damage caused by the tenant (or the cost of any non-local telephone calls) in excess of the security deposit referred to in clause 5. A final clean is included in the rental rate, but the tenant will undertake to leave the property in a reasonable state of order and cleanliness. Extra cleaning by the caretakers over and above what is usual on the day of departure will be charged for, and deducted from the security deposit.
9. The tenant will without delay report to the owner or to
the owner's representative any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment,
plant, machinery or appliances in or on the property, and arrangements will
be made for repair or replacement as soon as reasonably possible.
10. The tenant will allow maintenance personnel, cleaning staff, the owners and the owner's representative reasonable access to the property for the purposes of repair and maintenance.
11. The tenant will not allow animals or pets to be brought to the property, and will not allow any person to smoke in the house.
12. The tenant will at all times exercise caution when using the swimming pool, and will comply fully with any instructions or notices from the owner or the owner's representative in relation to the use of the swimming pool, and/or the WC's situated in the house. The tenant will comply fully with any safety measures in relation to the use of the swimming pool, including pool covers. The tenant will indemnify the landlord against any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of any breach of this clause.
13. The tenant will ensure that all windows and doors are closed and locked when the property is left unoccupied for any period, and in addition, that all door shutters are closed and locked if the property is to be left overnight. If the property is to be left unoccupied for two or more consecutive days during the rental period, the tenant will give not less than 12 hours prior notice either to the owner or to the owner's representative. The tenant will indemnify the landlord against any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of any breach of this clause, including without limitation, any loss or damage resulting from the landlord's insurance being vitiated as a consequence of the tenant's actions.
14. The owner will not be liable to the tenant for any loss
damage or injury incurred at the property, or through use of any equipment or
facilities, other than death or personal injury arising as a consequence of
the negligence of the owner.
15. The owner will not be liable to the tenant for any defect or stoppage in the supply of public services, or for any temporary defect in the property or any loss, damage or injury beyond the control of the owner.
16. Under no circumstances will the owner's liability exceed the amount paid by the tenant for the rental period.
17. In these terms and conditions the singular will include the plural and the plural will include the singular.
18. No person who is not a party to these terms and conditions will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
19. These terms and conditions and the contract between the owner and the tenant will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
THE TENANT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO ARRANGE COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE INCLUDING CANCELLATION COVER, PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND PUBLIC LIABILITY